How do I sign up for ParentSquare?
- If you are a parent/guardian of a student in Crook County School District #1, you should have received an invitation email or text to join ParentSquare. You will have to click on the link in the email or text to join ParentSquare and activate your account. You can also use your email or phone number to set up an account without the invitation, as long as it is the same contact information provided to your child’s school.
My email is correct in ParentSquare, but I am not receiving emails. Why?
- Be sure to check your spam folder to see if any ParentSquare messages are being filtered there. Mark them as “Not Spam”. Also add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email contacts so your server recognizes our messages. If you are still not receiving emails, please contact email@example.com so they can assist you.
How do I add a student?
- If you are missing a child/school, it may be because your contact information is inconsistent between schools or you have more than one ParentSquare account with different contact information. Contact your child’s school(s) to update your contact information. If you set up multiple accounts, once you get the information corrected with the schools, you may delete one account.
How do I change my password?
- Go to parentsquare.com and on the login page, click on “Forgot Password”. Put in your email or phone number, and you will receive a link to reset your password.
How do I update my contact information?
- Contact your child’s school office to update preferred contact information. Once the information is updated in PowerSchool, the changes will appear the next day in ParentSquare.
English is not my first language. Can I receive content in my native language?
- As a parent, you have the ability to change your content language. Go to “My Account” and click on “Change This” under your language settings. From there, you can choose the language you would prefer to get your content in.
- From a web browser, click on your name in the top right hand corner. Click on “My Account”. Under “Language Settings” click on “Change This”. Choose your preferred language from the drop-down menu. Click “Save”.
- From the app, click on the three bards in the top left hand corner of the app. Click on “Account”, and then “Preferences”. Click on “Language Settings” and then choose your preferred language.
I want to receive fewer ParentSquare notices. Is that possible?
- As a parent, you have the ability to customize your notification settings. Click on your name in the top right hand corner of your screen and select “My Account”. On your account page, you can find your notification settings options. Click “Change This” to customize your notifications. If you are receiving too many notifications, try changing to your “Digest” setting. You will then only receive one condensed message in the evening.
- Based on notification type, parents have the ability to customize your notification preferences. There are School Alerts and General Announcements & Messages.
- Parents do not have the option to opt out of Emergency Alerts & Notices. These will only be used for exactly that purpose- snow days, late starts, early outs, and other emergency situations.
How do I contact my child’s teacher privately through ParentSquare?
- You may contact your child’s teacher privately by using the direct message tool. Click on “Messaging” in the left sidebar on your homepage. From there, you can send a direct message to your child’s teacher. You can also send messages to other staff at the school. You also have the ability to send group messages if you need to contact multiple staff with the same message.
I received an invalid ParentSquare registration link- what should I do?
- If your registration link has expired, you will need a new one. Reach out to your child’s school office to request a new invitation link.
How do I unsubscribe from ParentSquare?
- ParentSquare synchronizes with the school database system PowerSchool. It contains details that you have provided on your child’s enrollment forms, and/or have updated since enrollment. If you are receiving ParentSquare notifications, and you are not a parent, it is likely that there is incorrect contact data for a student, or there could be a typo. Please contact the school if you are receiving ParentSquare notifications, so they are able to update that information in the system.
- If you are a parent, you will continue to receive ParentSquare notifications, but you may modify how many you receive. See the question “I want to receive fewer ParentSquare notices. Is that possible?” above.